Friday, May 23, 2014

Welcome to 24th and Baseline!

(A Sign In MHT)

I am quite convinced that none of you would suspect me of wholeheartedly adoring my job as a full-time Starbucks barista.

(Please either ignore my blog's background, or note my complete sarcasm)
;)

Working at Starbucks has paved the way for me to not only learn a lot about myself and the people around me, but it has also given me the freedom to move all the way across the country and continue my career without a single problem.

For these opportunities, and many more, I am so very, very grateful! 

This was my first look at my new home store early in the morning on May 1st.

There it was.
24th and Baseline.
Store 9414.

Needless to say, I was overflowing with excitement and anticipation!


It has the cutest little patio made complete with misters attached to the awning overhead!

No, not young boys... Misters... You know, like those sprinkler-misters to keep you cool.
...It's an Arizona thing... 
;)

(Truth be told... I actually went almost a week thinking that the switch in the backroom was for the lighting in the men's restroom!)


When you look straight ahead after walking in the door...

... A little to your right...

... A little more to your right, looking at the wall...

Then, if you face center again, and turn to your left...

... All the way over to your left...
(Note my backpack on the corner seat against the window)

... Off in the corner to your left...

... The view of the lighting from my corner seat... 

... The view of our lobby from the front counter...
It is so wonderful to be able to look out of that amazing entryway and enjoy all of its natural light!

A shamelessly excited selfie of me and my Iced Doppio Ristretto with Toffee Nut 



I spent the better part of the morning and early afternoon just hanging out in the cafe area as well as meeting the store manager, Stephanie, and assistant manager, Jaquerie, and a whole bunch of other new partners as well.

They were all smiling and welcoming and excited to meet me - Almost as much as I was to meet them! ... Almost ;)

While I was sitting in the aforementioned corner seat, just writing about my day, Jaquerie came over and gave me a Starbucks Green Apron Card. 

One of the many cool things about working at Starbucks is that they gives tangible opportunities for their partners to encourage and promote each other in various ways.

One of these opportunities is for one or more partners to give another partner a card displaying one of each of the five traits we seek to cultivate within our stores. 

1. Welcoming
2. Genuine
3. Knowledgeable
4. Considerate
5. Involved

Many stores prefer to simply verbalize these recognitions; however, I personally believe that receiving a little note card like this means a lot. Especially as a transfer partner!

In all of my almost 8 months working at Starbucks, it was my very first time receiving a card version!

Honestly, it means more to me than I think she probably will ever know!



"Courtney, 
We are so excited to have you on our team. 
Thank you for coming to meet us!"

^_^

Are there many frustrations and stressful experiences that one can experience as a Starbucks partner?

OH, ABSOLUTELY YES!

More than you will EVER know or could possibly imagine while you wait or hangout on the cafe or drive-thru side of the counter!

I could tell you stories...
...Even after only 8 months!

HOWEVER!

I can honestly say that I have not found a job where I feel more appreciated for, encouraged in, and enthusiastic about what I do and can learn in each and every moment that I am working.

Not only that, but it has also immensely influenced the way I handle interactions and situations outside of work as well!

I am so very blessed to have this opportunity at such a formative time in my life.

I can only hope that I will continue to increase in excitement and enthusiasm as I grow in all that I seek to accomplish while working with such a close-knit Starbucks family.

No, I am not over-embellishing at all. 

This is who I am, and I mean every word!
I hope that you will try to visit me at some point!

Always your enthusiastic barista,
-Courtney







3 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney! Glad to see you're settling in nicely and enjoying Arizona! Keep us up to date on all your adventures :) and what daily life is like (walking around in all that heat makes me sweat just thinking about it!). In case you don't remember, I'm the two venti iced (or hot) non fat lattes from your old stomping grounds and we'd give you cards for all of those attributes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops!
      I commented instead of replied!
      See my reply below!
      :D

      Delete
  2. Jeanie!
    How could I forget you?? Not even kidding you, there are days when I review people's faces, names, and drinks just so that if/when I come to visit, I'll remember! :D

    I've been so busy lately, but I DO plan on updating my blog as soon as I get the chance!

    If nothing else, my Instagram (See the sidebar!) has been like a photo-blog of sorts for me. It's a faster and easier to update social media in contrast to a blog, but you're right!
    It's definitely time for a blog post!

    I miss you all in Andover SO much!
    Hopefully, I'll be able to visit over the holidays... We'll see! :D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)