Friday, September 27, 2013

A Foretaste :)

There is one thing that I have been looking forward to doing for about 2 years now.

Cooking!

Not simply throwing things together to eat. 
Not just me making something "good", yet having no passion for it. 
But really, truly preparing, serving, and enjoying a meal that I have been craving. 

One dish I have long desired to recreate is the "spicy", filling deliciousness of Jambalaya from Von's.

For those of you who do not know what "Von's" is, it is a supermarket located in the west coast/California.
(Kind of like Market Basket or Stop & Shop)

Due to its super close proximity to our school, and the fact that, up until Spring Semester 2013, there were no on-campus food/cafeteria options on Sundays, my boyfriend and I would usually go to Von's after church and pick up a large cup of Jambalaya (Nearly too hot to hold and filled to the brim!) and a perfect loaf of French bread. 

Awesome $6 lunch dates anyone?


Don't let the spoon fool you, more often than not, we would just scoop it out with pieces of bread! ...Until, of course, we'd eaten up all the bread... Then we would forlornly seek out a spoon to scrape up the rest of the goodness we had left over...
^_^

.Back to the present.

This past Wednesday evening, I searched online for homemade recipes similar to Von's style Jambalaya. 
After a few clicks, I found one

There was one odd ingredient that I had never used before, but I instantly fell in love with! 

I can't wait to share this recipe with you!

Unfortunately, I have to go get ready for work in a few minutes, so I won't be able to share it with you until tomorrow. 

Don't worry though! 
The next post is nearly finished...!

Check my blog again in about 24-32 hours from now (give or take a few hours!) for an EPIC, mouthwatering post!
^_^

Here's my teaser photo from last night that I shall leave you with:





2 comments:

What do you think? :)