Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Snapshots! 8/29 to 9/16 :)

It's been about 11 days since I last posted. 
Guess it's time for me to finally get around to writing a new blog post for you guys :)

Let's see... 
Hopefully a quick highlights post with a few pictures will do for now...

August 29th 
Get home, regroup, unpack, etc...

August 30th 
Walked around North Andover's Main Street, mainly the Plaza, and put in applications. 

Less than an hour later 
Got a call from The Chama Grill in order to schedule my training for the next evening before even meeting my supervisor!


Photo credits: Google Images (My edits)

August 31st
Trained as a hostess from 5pm to 8:30pm and plan to sign papers on the following Friday. My projected schedule is to work Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm to 10pm.

September 4th
Opened up an account with TD Bank once again 
(So Happy!)

September 5th
Visited two awesome coffeehouses in Lawrence that are within easy biking distance from my house! They're not Starbucks, but they're still pretty cool :)





All Four Photo Credits and Edits: Courtney Schiller

September 6th
Mailed a card addressed upside-down by complete accident

Photo Credit and Edits: Courtney Schiller

September 7th 
My Dad tells me that the Starbucks in Andover, Massachusetts is hiring. I immediately call in to talk with the manager about applications and a possible interview. I schedule to call her back that Wednesday. 

September 8th
Drove up with my family for our yearly visit with Mr. and Mrs. Marceau at their timeshare in Ogunquit, Maine!

 Alicia (Almost 15!) took some awesome pictures of me by the Atlantic Ocean. Then we walked around and through the adorable New England style shops located a bit more inland.


Photo credits: Alicia Schiller (My edits)

September 11th 
I called the manager at the Andover Starbucks (Her first name starts with "A", so I'll call her *A$). We have some difficulty with my application going through, but luckily it is fixed within hours. 


"My" Starbucks in Andover, MA
Photo credits: Google Maps (My edits)

September 12th
I call *A$ again and we do a phone screening with my application, then schedule for me to go in for an interview at 3pm that day. 

I arrive at my interview, enjoy my Grande Iced Passion-Raspberry-Lemonade, and answer *A$'s questions. After finishing her questions, *A$ offers me a full-time position as a Starbucks barista on the spot (!?!?!?!). Now I simply have to wait for my background check to clear! 

.This day also marks 9 months of being in a relationship with my absolute best friend.
<3


Oh, and did I mention that I had a blast with my Mom at the store, following my interview, where we bought snacks for the Patriots game that evening (Including a pomegranate, some horseradish cheddar, and multigrain pita chips!). 

PLUS, there was a wonderful thunderstorm that night AND the Patriots won their game! 

In case you didn't realize it, September 12th has probably been my most favorite day so far!
^_^

September 13th 
I took the bus from Salem St & So. Broadway to right in front of Starbucks, just to get an idea of how things will be as far as my transportation from now on. 
SUPER EASY! 

I then spent about 2 hours or so getting to know about 5 or 6 of the baristas there and asking them questions etc. They were all extremely friendly and excited to have me join their team. 
I can't wait to work with them! 

Even though I swore to never have one (I really should stop saying "Never will I ever..." about things!), I also created a Tumblr account, simply to read up on any Starbucks tips and tricks and advice that I could possibly find! 
Studying like CRAZY! 
:) 

September 14th
I received my first paycheck from the Chama Grill and we had over 120 guests that evening! Finally picking up the pace as "The Season" begins to start up again :)

September 15th
My church hosted their Monthly Fellowship Meal and I spent most of the time, from after the morning service through the end of the dinner, holding one of the two babies at our church. 
*HEAVEN*

That afternoon I spent special walking/biking time at the park with my Timmy (7). I walked while he biked, but we took a few stops to check out the openings to the Merrimack River. We even found a tiny frog! :)

September 16th
I paid my two-weeks rent and monthly cell phone bill and then set up a rough-draft for all of my goals, monthly payments, and income. 


Photo Credit and Edits: Courtney Schiller

If I can keep these hours (or more!) at both of my jobs and continue putting away the specific amount I set into paying off my loans, I should be debt-free within the next 13-14 months!

... AND I wrote this blog post!

*Whew!*

I'm sure that I have forgotten a few things, but I believe that's good enough for now! 

Can you believe that I've only been living in Massachusetts for less than THREE WEEKS??

I love getting things done/started faster than expected!
^_^

Just so you know, 
I plan to post about some of these highlights again later on in a bit more detail...
These are just... Snapshots ;)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this semi-quick blog post about my life in MA so far!
I know I have!

Until next time :)


3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your quest to become on a Starbucks partner! And, that has been one very successful week or so you posted about. :)Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Melody!
    I can't wait go in tomorrow (Thursday) to sign papers at Starbucks!

    I may or may not be studying nearly every blog/tumblr/hub/flash cards/any other online resource I can find in order to start becoming the best, most informed barista I can be!

    I am also thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    Thank you for all that you've written!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, Courtney--you should stop slacking off and do something instead of lazing the day away!

    In all seriousness, you certainly are staying busy. Glad you got the book!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)